AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN A POUND OF CURE
Has your car ever suddenly died on you, seemingly without warning? If you don’t perform basic maintenance on your car and perform basic checkups, problems can sneak up on you, and it’s the same with the human body. By going in for an annual physical, you can get ahead of a lot of health problems, staying happy and healthy.
Here’s what you need to know about Physicals:
- All major insurance covers the Annual Physical — Including Medicare.
- Insurance covers the Preventive Workup, including a blood test.
The best option is to call and schedule your annual checkup and have a blood test done 3-5 days prior to your scheduled appointment.
If you have a pre-existing condition such as high blood pressure, diabetes, lung disease, etc., then a copayment may be payable.
WHY GO IN FOR A PREVENTIVE PHYSICAL?
There are many compelling reasons to go in for a physical, even if nothing seems to be wrong. If there are no problems overall, it serves as good peace of mind going into the next year. If you do, in fact, have underlying conditions, they can be discovered and acted upon before they have the potential to get worse.
The purpose of a periodic health examination is, first and foremost, prevention.
Here are some of the benefits of a preventative physical:
- Identifying Risk Factors for Chronic Diseases
- Detecting Diseases Which Have No Apparent Symptoms
- Identifying high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, lung disease, or cancer
- Receiving professional counsel on how to promote healthy behavior
- Answers to medical questions you may have
- Updating your clinical data